jump to navigation

Quick 3: Ask A Cops September 29, 2009

Posted by southbendpolice in Ask A Cop.
Tags: , , , ,
comments closed

Q: I am very intersted in taking my career step into law enforcement is there an internship I can take or participate in to futher my experience?

A: One of the best ways to get a feel for the work tat we do is to attend our Citizens Police Academy sessions, which are free to residents. Take a look for more info, or for our JOBS page for employment information.

Q: Why are ther speed limits in area school zones different? Some are 20 MPH and others are 25 MPH. It seems as if the busier the street, the higher the speed limit. It should be just the opposite.

A: Speed limits are mostly dictated by the city department of traffic engineering, which is based upon many factors such as road design, traffic patterns, traffic volume, etc. A school zone speed reduction is primarily based upon the primary speed of the roadway.

Q: How can my Mom get a copy of her mug shot from an arrest at your police station?

A: Mug shots are take by the county police at the jail. Mug shots are not typically made available to persons, however you may be able to fill out a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for a photograph by contacting county police records.